Sunday 13 July 2014

My school trip to the Guardian

I am pretty sure, that I am not the only one who had previously underestimated what it takes to create a newspaper. I new it was hard and that there were factors to consider, but not as many as there are! I found this experience mind blowing and inspiring. It has certainly opened my eyes to alternative career paths. This is what we got up to...

On Tuesday 10th June, we all met at school and then at 9:00 left for the tube station. We got on the central line to Bank and then on the Northern line to Kings cross station. It was a hot day! We took a 15-20min walk and then arrived at the building! It was very modern and contemporary! Very my style!


A women picked us up from the front and brought us through the building to the Education room. Inside was very contemporary with modern furniture and finishes.
The education room was fully kitted out with Macs and laptops and everything you could need to create a newspaper (including very fast Internet). We firstly discussed and then were told what is needed to create a successful article. As I said said earlier, there is so much to conciser when writing articles and a lot of pressure! The view from the education room was truly wonderful! The weather made it even better

  
A Canal where Canal boats kept going up and down

At the end of the day, in our partners we had created front page newspapers with the current news that was coming in live! I extremely benefited form this experience and would recommend everyone to do it if they get the chance! Very beneficial and worthwhile!  

Working Hard


Thank you for reading
Please comment any suggestions/feedback
More posts coming soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment