Saturday 5 July 2014

Berlin Trip 2014- Day 5

Tuesday- Day 5

Very sadly, we woke up for the last time in Berlin. It was around 7:30am so we were all pretty tired (again). And yes, a lot of repetition in the whole tiredness thing! We did a bit of packing the night before but finished it of that morning. I was the last person out of our room and out of our group! Oops. We all brought our bags to the baggage storage area and went to breakfast. After breakfast we brushed our teeth and sat in the reception for a while so we could use the hotel WiFi! We got straight on to the tram and headed to Alexandra Platz! From the previous times in which we had been there, I had not thought it was that great but what I did not realise was that it had a massive shopping center! We split of into groups and were given 2 hours to do some last minute shopping and explore! My friends and I went to the shopping centre! We was a shop which was very similar to Lush. All organic, freshly made soaps, bath bombs and body stuff! It was lovely and we bought our teacher some presents in there to say thank you! We continued to look around at the various shops. We went into a souvenir shop and a chocolate shop which had the most amazing truffles and sweets! We looked around at a couple of clothes shops but we were all quite tired! With a bit of time spear we headed out into the main square of Alexandra Platz to soak up the sun and the atmosphere. Realising that I had not yet tried any real traditional food, I went to a wurst (sausage) stand. it was not the best but I did just get it from a random man so what did I expect? Once everyone met back up again we got back on the Tram and headed back to the hostel! We collected our luggage made the most of the WiFi and then headed to the Train Station. We got on the train and chilled out! It was a nice relaxing journey of us taking selfies and looking through all the pictures I had taken (800+ (not all selfies though). When we finally arrived at the airport station it was pouring with rain! Berlin obviously sad to see us go! We ran to the terminal building through the rain and once we go in it was very busy as there were other school groups as well. We all checked in slowly and then went through security where I was stopped and searched (must have been looking very suspicious). Past security was a massive duty free and lots of shops (to our delight). By this point we were all starving so a couple of us went to Burger King where I got a drink and some chips. We were all camping out on the floor (which was surprisingly very comfortable) when we found out that our flight had been delayed but not for to long. We had all put some money in to get our main Teacher a present which she loved! It was a little necklaces and she became quite overwhelmed. Finally, our flight was called and we headed to the gate so we could board. We got on the plane and luckily my friend and I were sitting next to each other. There had been a problem with getting our luggage on the plane so we were forced to sit on it and wait for a good 30min. During that 30min wait, Easyjet fulfilled my childhood dream, I got to go into the cop pit and sit with the pilot and chat to him and ask him questions! Call me pathetic but that made me so happy. A lot of us were all squeezed into the cop pit so it was very cramped but that made it even more funny. Finally, we took our seats and left Berlin. A sad moment but a trip I will always remember. 


Group Photo outside the Hostel


Inside the Hostel



Thank you for reading
Please comment any suggestions/feedback
More blog posts coming soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment